Because we are a little different type of company and we believe that our trade of solving problems with motor vehicles is a great trade. We have been in business since 1993 and remain local family owned. We are large enough to provide continual advancement opportunities, yet small enough to care about you and your family. We are a progressive, honest, and gritty organization. We are only looking for like-minded teammates. Our great trade provides the opportunity to show your skills and talents by solving problems with vehicles for our customers, and in return, you are rewarded with financial stability and personal growth inside and outside of the workplace.
Want to join our team?
Opportunity with a local family owned growing towing and service business. This is a new position being added due to our growth in our two locations in Maple Valley and Auburn, WA. This position will primarily be in our Auburn, WA location with responsibilities for both current locations and any future locations. Hours per week and days will vary considerably with the towing business varying cycles. This position will be focused on improving and developing professionalism and preparedness within our fleet. It will involve recruiting and training of new drivers. It will also involve improving and establishing accountabilities throughout our team and our fleet. It will involve performing towing and have backup responsibility for shifts unfilled and high demand times.
We are a medium sized independent repair facility and towing company that operates 24/7/365 and employs approximately 25 people company-wide. The towing company operates approximately 10 pieces of equipment of every size and 10 people. This job will involve starting out as a driver operating all equipment, and progress in stages into a towing manager over a 6 month time period.
What We do as a Company
- Light, medium and heavy-duty towing.
- In shop automotive, light truck, heavy truck, and diesel engine repair.
- OnSite emergency truck repair.
- Mobile Crane Work with our Rotating Crane Style Wrecker.
- Emergency spill containment and cleanup.
- Load and cargo services. Load shifts reload and load recovery.
- Out of state transport.
- Emergency recoveries for light-duty cars all the way up to major incidents involving semis on the interstate.
- All sorts of non-routine situations that our customer may ask us to assist with
- High profile jobs are not our everyday work, but we certainly appreciate the opportunity when we get them. They also may seem fun in the photo album, but most of the time you finish sore, exhausted and humbled. Take a look at our social media pages, and like or follow us.
- Create, administer, and perform training for all drivers.
- Create, manage, and participate in the 24/7/365 work schedule.
- Recruit, interview, hire and maintain qualified drivers.
- Manage fleet maintenance, equipment preparedness, and inventory controls.
- Solicit, develop, and maintain towing customers.
- Adopt, adapt, and hold accountable all employees to the high standards of the company.
- Strong desire to help people and solve challenging problems.
- Able to work under pressure in all environmental conditions.
- CDL Class A. Endorsements: Doubles, Triples, Tankers, & HazMat.
- Live or move within 15 minutes of one of our locations (per Google Maps).
- Competent technical knowledge of towing, recovery, equipment, and mathematical calculations.
- 5 years experience as an operator of Heavy Wrecker.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Verifiable post-high school education is applicable to job requirements.
- Keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute.
- Excellent computer and smartphone skills.
- Certified Light & Heavy Tow Operator. TRAA, State Association, or equivalent.
- Your driving record must have minimal events, and meet insurance requirements.
- Must not use drugs (including marijuana at all in any method and have not anytime within the 6 months), and cannot consume alcohol during working or on-call hours.
- Must meet WSP criminal background check standards.
Perks of the Job
Our compensation plan provides full benefits and competitive industry wages.
Health & Dental
Our companies provide medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
We offer retirement matching to show we are committed to your future in our company.
We know our team works hard, and one perk is that holidays are paid.
Our team is not only rewarded with paid holidays but also paid vacation and family leave.
Your financial advancement will be based on your skill improvement and personal motivation to obtain additional training and certifications.
Before you apply
Before you apply we recommend you check out our company sites Pro-Tow and Motorplex as well as their associated blogs and social media to get a feel for our company. Following this please fill out an application form via the link below and email it to our HR department along with your resume. Please also feel free to drop by either of our locations to see first-hand what we are about. Any of us would be happy to give you a tour of our facility and our equipment. Even if you are happily employed now or currently living out of our area, I encourage you to reach out and share your future intentions because we will be adding new teammates that share our beliefs over the next 6 to 12 months.