PRO-TOW 24hr Towing & OnSite Truck Repair, is a growing service organization that is a local family owned and operated business. We have been in business since 1993 and remain a progressive, honest, and ethical organization. Our industry and our company is a stable and secure career choice for those willing to invest in learning and growing their skills. There is no day the same in our business, and if you think you have what it takes to be considered as an addition to our team, please contact us directly with any questions.
Who You Are
We are looking for uniquely talented and motivated teammates to grow their careers in our fast-paced emergency service business. Our compensation plan provides full benefits and wages that average between 35 and 50k per year depending on education, experience, and training. Your opportunity to advance your wages will correlate to your current skills and certifications and your motivation to improve and increase them.
What We do as a Company
- Light, medium and heavy-duty towing.
- In shop automotive, light truck, heavy truck, and diesel engine repair.
- OnSite emergency truck repair.
- Mobile Crane Work with our Rotating Crane Style Wrecker.
- Emergency spill containment and cleanup.
- Load and cargo services. Load shifts reload and load recovery.
- Out of state transport.
- Emergency recoveries for light-duty cars all the way up to major incidents involving semis on the interstate.
- All sorts of non-routine situations that our customer may ask us to assist with
- High profile jobs are not our everyday work, but we certainly appreciate the opportunity when we get them. They also may seem fun in the photo album, but most of the time you finish sore, exhausted and humbled. Take a look at our social media pages, and like or follow us.
- Take incoming calls for towing service, police impounds, and accidents.
- Coordinate and dispatch multiple drivers.
- Take incoming calls for impound release questions that relate specifically to the laws relating to towing and impoundment.
- Perform releases and cashier duties for impounded vehicles with potentially dishonest, demanding, and challenging customers.
- Process impoundment paperwork and maintain compliance with all requirements for the laws of towing and impoundment.
- Administrative and clerical duties.
- Abandoned vehicle auction management.
- Billing and collection of towing services.
- Cash and deposit management.
- Standard work hours will be Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Occasional backup night dispatching from home.
Highly Sort-after Skills
- Experience in working in a business involving skilled labor and the trades.
- Emergency call center or specific dispatch experience.
- Keyboarding above 50wpm and/or 10key skills.
- Capabilities in utilizing modern technology, and troubleshooting your own problems without the support of IT.
- Self-directed work ethic that would rather find anything to do as opposed to waiting for a supervisor to tell you what to do.
- Someone that is more interested in doing the most possible in any given day, week, or month, as opposed to doing only what is required.
- A firm ability in dealing with police impound customers and upholding laws and company rules, but at the same time the professional skill of being nice, friendly, and with customer service.
- Sales experience. Dispatching is selling your ability to help someone, and selling the unique skills of your technicians and drivers that you will be dispatching. Many times, it requires the understanding and motivation to successfully deliver the sale.
- High pressure, high demand work periods are part of towing and emergency services. You must be able to prioritize and deliver in extreme demand times, while being able to organize yourself to get done the rest of your assignments when the pressure is off.
- Attitude of a professional. ethics, morality, and living your life 24/7 that is a positive contribution to our workplace and our community is a step in the right direction.
- Must not use drugs (including marijuana at all in any method and have not anytime within the 6 months), and cannot consume alcohol during working or on-call hours.
- Must meet WSP criminal background check standards.
Perks of the Job
Hourly rate of $17 to $25 per hour depending on your education, experience and specific training applicable to your skills for this position.
Health & Dental
Our companies provide medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
We offer retirement matching to show we are committed to your future in our company.
We know our team works hard, and one perk is that holidays are paid.
Our team is not only rewarded with paid holidays but also paid vacation and family leave.
Your financial advancement will be based on your skill improvement and personal motivation to obtain additional training and certifications.
Before you apply
Before you apply we recommend you check out our company sites Pro-Tow and Motorplex as well as their associated blogs and social media to get a feel for our company. Following this please fill out an application form via the link below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and cover letter. Please also feel free to drop by either of our locations to see first-hand what we are about. Any of us would be happy to give you a tour of our facility and our equipment. Even if you are happily employed now or currently living out of our area, I encourage you to reach out and share your future intentions because we will be adding new teammates that share our beliefs over the next 6 to 12 months.