Because we are a little different type of company and we believe that our trade of solving problems with motor vehicles is a great trade. We have been in business since 1993 and remain local family owned. We are large enough to provide continual advancement opportunities, yet small enough to care about you and your family. We are a progressive, honest, and gritty organization. We are only looking for like-minded teammates. Our great trade provides the opportunity to show your skills and talents by solving problems with vehicles for our customers, and in return you are rewarded with financial stability and personal growth inside and outside of the workplace. Want to join our team?
Who We Are
We are an emergency services company. We provide Towing Service, OnSite Truck Repair, Motor Vehicle Spill Response, and Load Services 24hrs a day 7 days a week. After our standard business hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, we utilize several after-hours dispatchers to answer our phones from their home.
Types of Calls
- Impound customers that have had their car impounded and can be less than pleasant in the interaction. These impound customers must be interacted in a very formal, black and white legal basis. These impound customers can be rude and downright mean at times, and therefore you must have thick professional skin.
- We have police 911 dispatchers that are quick, professional, and expect competent and immediate urgency. Dispatching drivers and monitoring response times for every dispatched police call is imperative. Google mapping skills and dispatching the right driver can be stressful for 911 calls.
- Finally, we have private customers and companies that we assist with all kinds of services. This form of caller requires attention to detail and an exceptional level of customer service.
About the Job
- An example of the workload is: Average weeknight (15 hours from 5 pm to 8 am). 4 to 8 dispatched calls. The average is average, so some nights there can be zero, and other nights 12. We average 3 to 4 incoming calls per dispatched call. Weekends are similar prorated amounts with wider variance. Holidays are generally 50% or less volume with similar wider variances in busy times.
- You are free to do other things while you are working on call. It is possible to sleep while performing this on-call position, but you must be able to wake instantly, have our phone system always near you, and be able to immediately utilize your desktop or laptop with its cloud service software.
- You will be provided with a multi-line desk phone and a portable single line phone. Our provided phone equipment will plug into your home internet and will connect virtually to our phone system.
- You must have a desktop or laptop computer with Windows, preferably Windows 10 or later.
- Other requirements:
- Very good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Very good with the South King County Area, and/or extremely good with Google Maps.
- Very proficient with phone answering and multi-tasking under pressure.
- You can live anywhere in the State of Washington but must able to visit our Auburn, WA office for daytime training sufficient to answer our phones on your own. The number of days of training may vary, but likely 20 to 40 hours total before you are ready to be on your own. A supervisor is always available on call.
- Must not use drugs (including marijuana at all in any method and have not anytime within the 6 months), and cannot consume alcohol during working or on-call hours.
- Must meet WSP criminal background check standards.
Highly Sought After Skills
- Dispatcher Experience.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Other training, skills, or experiences, unique and applicable to our business.
- This will be a W-2 Position and not a 1099 position.
- This is an overtime exempt and minimum wage exempt position pursuant to RCW 49.46.010 and 49.46.130. This is because you will reside or sleep at the place of employment (your home) or who otherwise spends a substantial portion of his or her work time subject to call, and not engaged in the performance of active duties.
- While I have attempted to provide great detail with this position, we will be looking for the best person for this job, that will strongly embrace our professional and competent culture, and have a willingness and ability to be flexible in the hours occasionally to cover for unexpected situations.
Before you apply
Before you apply we recommend you check out our company sites Pro-Tow and Motorplex as well as their associated blogs and social media to get a feel for our company. Following this please fill out an application form via the link below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and cover letter. Please also feel free to drop by either of our locations to see first-hand what we are about. Any of us would be happy to give you a tour of our facility and our equipment. Even if you are happily employed now or currently living out of our area, I encourage you to reach out and share your future intentions because we will be adding new teammates that share our beliefs over the next 6 to 12 months.